Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Alex To <to...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/12 01:53:45 UTC

Can Jena Full Text search work with other Jena based API like Virtuoso Jena or MarkLogic Jena ?

Hi

I have so far been happy with Jena + Lucene / Elastic. Just trying to get a
quick answer whether it can work with other Jena based API like Virtuoso /
MarkLogic.

If I wrap a MarkLogic Dataset in a Jena TextDataset, can it work as
expected ?

Given that a MarkLogic / Virtuoso Dataset implements Jena Dataset
interface, it may work but I am not sure because the "text:query" seems to
be more Jena specific.

I will try out myself in the next couple of days to see if it works but if
there is a quick answer it may save me a couple of hours :)

Thank a lot

Regards

Re: Can Jena Full Text search work with other Jena based API like Virtuoso Jena or MarkLogic Jena ?

Posted by Dan Davis <da...@gmail.com>.
It would be of tremendous value to my project if this works; I wish I had
time to try it also.

Posted by Alex To <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan

Posted by Dan Davis <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex To <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex To <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Alex,

Posted by Alex To <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy

I had to pull develop branch from here
https://github.com/marklogic/marklogic-jena/tree/develop to get the version
that works with Jena 3.1x.0

then update file
https://github.com/marklogic/marklogic-jena/blob/develop/marklogic-jena/build.gradle

with the following

1. Line 9: change version *3.0-SNAPSHOT* to *3.1.0*
2. Line 13: change *3.10.0* to *3.12.0 *

Then do "gradlew install" to install it to my local maven.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alex To <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Davis <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Davis <da...@gmail.com>.