Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy <dj...@braindog.org> on 2003/01/25 00:01:34 UTC

PHP servlet

Trying to get Tomcat 4.18 to run phpsrvlt.jar servlet on a RH7.3
machine.  Configured php4.2.3 with all the goodies and loaded it into
libphp4.so.  added LD_LIBRARY_PATH and export for the apache module
libphp4.so.  Apache 1.3.27 loads libphp4.so just grand.  Also made
certain to include the xml defs for phpservlet in the main
/etc/tomcat4/web.xml (tomcat4 was installed via rpm
tomcat4-admin-webapps-4.1.18-full.1jpp
tomcat4-4.1.18-full.1jpp
tomcat4-webapps-4.1.18-full.1jpp.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so:
/usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so: undefined symbol: ap_block_alarms
is the error I get, reading Apache2 docs seems that this ap_block_alarms
is outdated, so is it outdated for tomcat4.18 as well?  Do I need to
write the PHP list now and say, how da heck do I keep from configuring
the ap_block_alarms.
-Jeremy

RE: PHP servlet

Posted by Jerry Birchler <jr...@attbi.com>.
I am interested in knowing if anyone has solved this on any 4+ release of
Tomcat on Red Hat Linux 7+ or 8. A howto based on a real working example
would be great.