Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ferran Parra <fe...@mubimedia.com> on 2003/03/11 13:59:15 UTC

Character set lost when doing an include with Struts!

Hello all.

Has anyone ever had a problem maintaining character set in an included page?
I do!

I've tried everything:

1. using jsp format -- <jsp:include/> instead of Struts format, and nothing
works.
2. jsp include of struts action -- <jsp:include page="/do/LoadNoticias...">
3. RequestDispatcher:

<bean:struts id="forwardHomeNoticias" forward="Home_Noticias" />
RequestDispatcher dispatcher =
request.getRequestDispatcher(forwardHomeNoticias.getPath());
dispatcher.include(request, response);

... nothing works!

In my "mother" page I have the meta tag:

In the included page I have the page directive:

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" %>

But ALL content in the included page -- data from the database, static html,
everything -- appears with question marks instead of accented characters.

If I include a static jsp with accented characters it appears correctly.

My struts calls are:

<bean:include forward="Home_Noticias" id="homeNoticias" /> //struts
action, /do/LoadNoticias/...
<bean:write name="homeNoticias" scope="page" filter="false" /> //print
content

... and no matter what I do it won't print correctly.

Anyone know what the heck else I can try?

Thanks in advance,
Bob