Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Ritvik Sharma <ri...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/19 11:06:08 UTC

tlog size issue- solr cloud 6.6

Hi Guys

We have faced an issue where tlog size is increasing unnecessarily. We are
using a "heavy indexing, heavy query" approach.  We enabled hard commit
also,

solr cloud: 6.6
zk: 3.4.10
shards: 2, replication factor= 2

solrconfig,

  <autoCommit>
       <maxTime>${solr.autoCommit.maxTime:15000}</maxTime>
      <maxDocs>10000</maxDocs>
       <openSearcher>false</openSearcher>

     </autoCommit>

    <!-- softAutoCommit is like autoCommit except it causes a
         'soft' commit which only ensures that changes are visible
         but does not ensure that data is synced to disk.  This is
         faster and more near-realtime friendly than a hard commit.
      -->

     <autoSoftCommit>
       <maxTime>${solr.autoSoftCommit.maxTime:15000}</maxTime> -->
     </autoSoftCommit>

Re: tlog size issue- solr cloud 6.6

Posted by Ritvik Sharma <ri...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I did.  With the use of CloudClollection  Utility.

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 at 12:01 AM, Dominique Bejean <do...@eolya.fr>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Did you try to force a hard commit in order to see the inpact on tlog ?
> http://localhost:8983/solr/[collection_name]/update?commit=true
>
> Did you read this article ?
>
> https://lucidworks.com/post/understanding-transaction-logs-softcommit-and-commit-in-sorlcloud/
>
> Regards
>
> Dominique
>

> Le lun. 22 mars 2021 à 17:29, Ritvik Sharma <ri...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
>> Hi Dominique
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 at 10:23, Ritvik Sharma <ri...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> HI Dominique
>>>
>>> softcommit=false is coming in logs,
>>>

>>> INFO  - 2021-03-22 07:40:58.129; [c:solrcollection s:shard2 r:core_node1
>>> x:solrcollection_shard2_replica1]
>>> org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessorFactory$LogUpdateProcessor;
>>> [solrcollection_shard2_replica1]  webapp=/solr path=/update
>>> params={update.distrib=FROMLEADER&waitSearcher=true&
>>> *openSearcher=true&commit=true&softCommit=false*&distrib.from=
>>> http://xxxx:8983/solr/solrcollection_shard2_replica1/&commit_end_point=true&wt=javabin&version=2&expungeDeletes=false}{commit=}
>>> 0 676
>>> INFO  - 2021-03-22 07:40:58.361; [c:solrcollection s:shard2 r:core_node1
>>> x:solrcollection_shard2_replica1]
>>> org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2; start

Posted by Dominique Bejean <do...@eolya.fr>.
Hi,

Posted by Ritvik Sharma <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dominique