Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by java only <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/09 09:38:18 UTC

Unable to compile class for JSP

Hi all,

I am unable to compile JSP files,it gives me the following exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPNo Java compiler was found to compile the generated source for the JSP. This can usually be solved by copying manually $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar from the JDK to the common/lib directory of the Tomcat server, followed by a Tomcat restart. If using an alternate Java compiler, please check its installation and access path.	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:83)	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:315)	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:406)	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:463)	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:442)	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:430)	at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:511)	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:274)	at
 org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

I have even copied the tools.jar from my $JAVA_HOME/lib to $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib , but still it gives me the same error.Earlier default javac compiler was used,and everything was running fine.since changing my compiler to jspc in /conf/web.xml (so as to precompile my jsp files and save the memory leak),I am encountering this problem.

Any input would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,

javaonlyjava