Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dominik Dary <do...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/09 15:29:42 UTC

Testing JSF Pages (Canoo)

Hello list,

has someone experience in testing jsf applications with canoo webtest?
i wrote an script and the login to my application works.

i have problems, if i want to follow links. i think the javascript links
are the problem.
i use the following statement in the canoo file:
<clicklink  label="dominik1" stepid="dome1"/>

but it doesn't work.

I heared from jwebunit or httpunit, is there an other framework to test
the webapplication?

Thanks Dome

Re: Testing JSF Pages (Canoo)

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Dominik Dary wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> has someone experience in testing jsf applications with canoo webtest?
> i wrote an script and the login to my application works.
>
> i have problems, if i want to follow links. i think the javascript links
> are the problem.
> i use the following statement in the canoo file:
> <clicklink  label="dominik1" stepid="dome1"/>
>
> but it doesn't work.
>
> I heared from jwebunit or httpunit, is there an other framework to test
> the webapplication?
>
> Thanks Dome

To my knowledge there is an eclipse oss plugin which basically hooks
iteslf into eclipse sort of as protocol proxy which records the
proctocol  and simulates a full input to the server
afterwards by playing the protocol back.
But I dont know what the name of it was, that one might solve your
immediate problems.

Re: Testing JSF Pages (Canoo)

Posted by Cenk Çivici <ce...@gmail.com>.
Selenium is a pretty good option. It has a simple extensible api and
tests run on the browser not on http proxy. Tests can be written basic
html tables or in driven mode in java, ruby etc. Url is
http://selenium.thoughtworks.com

Cenk Çivici