Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mechravi25 <me...@yahoo.co.in> on 2012/03/29 14:36:42 UTC

Solr index files - GZIP compression

Hi,

I am trying to do the gzip compression in solr server.

I had refered to the below link to add the same in the web.xml

http://blog.max.berger.name/2010/01/jetty-7-gzip-filter.html

I am using jetty server version 6. When I restart the server after adding
the above changes, I got the following exception

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter

So, I tried placing the jar file (org.mortbay.jetty-4.2.15.jar) in the lib
folder. But, its resulting in the same error.

Am I missing anything out? Can someone please guide me on this?

Thanks.