Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by sh...@us.ibm.com on 2002/01/10 14:32:51 UTC

Fwd: Xsl transfrom question

Actually, the appropriate place for Xalan questions is on the
xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org mailing list where I'm forwarding this
question; details on subscribing to this list and reading web-based
archives are at http://xml.apache.org/mail.html

Hints: for a question like this, it's much easier to answer if you provide
the whole stylesheet or at least the significant portions of it in your
mail.  And sending plain text is much preferred over html or formatted
text.

- Shane

----- you rbanker@nextnine.com wrote -----
Hello, I am hoping you can help me with my question (if not please direct
me to a person who can)
My question is as follows:
I am using your xsl engine in my own web server. Your xsl engine was
suporiar over many others in terms of memory usage, xslt support (like
supporting xsl:sort, etc...).
I need to use a xsl script in the xsl code in order to use loops and more
complicated functions.
I do not know how to incode a proper script blockand access the functions
in it from the xsl code. I am using  a
"xsl:transform xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="
1.0" " namscpace.
For the script i tried: "<script>" , "<xsl:script>" when i positioned it
between the transform element and the other xsl:template nodes.
For the calling of the function in the script i tried "xsl:eval" (got an
exception that i can not use it in its position - i imagine it is related
to a namespace, but i think i am obligated of using only my namespace for
the transformation). I also tried using <xsl:value select="test()"> but i
got an exception stating that the function is not found.
I saw examples using msxsl:script and naming my own namespace with a url
reference - laxories i do not have.
Please help me so i will not be forced of using soulutions in javascript
after the transformation or manipulation over the xml data.

Awaiting for your reply
Regards

Ran Banker
R&D Software Engineer