Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com> on 2009/10/05 13:09:46 UTC

Classloading strategies

Hi,

Do we have classloading strategies?
In some cases, it could be nice to change classloading behavior, I mean get
classes first from the module instead of OpenEJB.

It can be useful for example if an application needs a dependency available
in OpenEJB but in an another version (jaxb, ...).

It is something very common in some application servers and in OSGI
runtimes.

Any thoughts?

Jean-Louis

Re: Classloading strategies

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Oct 5, 2009, at 4:09 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:

> Do we have classloading strategies?
> In some cases, it could be nice to change classloading behavior, I
> mean get
> classes first from the module instead of OpenEJB.
>
> It can be useful for example if an application needs a dependency
> available
> in OpenEJB but in an another version (jaxb, ...).
>
> It is something very common in some application servers and in OSGI
> runtimes.
>
> Any thoughts?

We can certainly explore options like that in the standalone server.
For the embedded and Tomcat scenarios we don't control the
classloaders so there's not much that can be done in those scenarios.

-David