Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Manjula Kutty <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/01 00:23:34 UTC

Re: Failed to start database

This may be due to the fact that the database is not shutdown properly.
Please check  if you have a db.lck file in your db directory. If it exists
please delete that file manually and try booting the database again.

Thanks
Manjula

On 12/31/07, tom_ <to...@web.de> wrote:

> [...]
> (Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.FileLogger.undo(Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.xact.Xact.abort(Unknown Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.xact.XactFactory.rollbackAllTransactions
> (Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogToFile.recover(Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.RawStore.boot(Unknown Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule
> (Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule
> (Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.bootServiceModule
> (Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMAccessManager.boot(Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule
> (Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule
> (Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.bootServiceModule
> (Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.db.BasicDatabase.bootStore(Unknown Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.db.BasicDatabase.boot(Unknown Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule
> (Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.bootService
> (Unknown
> Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startProviderService
> (Unknown
> Source)
>        at
>
> org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.findProviderAndStartService
> (Unknown
> Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startPersistentService
> (Unknown
> Source)
>        at
> org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startPersistentService

Manjula.

Re: sql query using LIKE

Posted by tom_ <to...@web.de>.
Nik-31, thank you for putting this in my question. You should open your own
thread. I still can't re-open the database.

tom_

Re: sql query using LIKE

Posted by Nik <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: sql query using LIKE

Posted by Oystein Grovlen <Oy...@Sun.COM>.

sql query using LIKE

Re: Failed to start database

Posted by tom_ <to...@web.de>.
The database was created with the properties "territory=de_DE" and
"collation=TERRITORY_BASED". The connection string contains the same
properties.

Re: Failed to start database

Posted by Suresh Thalamati <su...@gmail.com>.
I doubt it is related to db locking.   Stacks has the following  error
       at org.apache.derby.iapi.types.SQLChar.getCollationKey(Unknown Source)
       at

on rollback of btree log records during recovery.

Problem may be related to collation information.

-suresh

Re: Failed to start database

Posted by Manjula Kutty <ma...@gmail.com>.
You are correct Suresh

-Manjula

On 12/31/07, tom_ <to...@web.de> wrote:

> [...]
> >> Source)
> >>        at
> org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.bootService
> >> (Unknown
> >> Source)
> >>        at
> >> org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startProviderService
> >> (Unknown
> >> Source)
> >>        at
> >>

> org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.findProviderAndStartService
> >> (Unknown
> >> Source)
> >>        at
> >>
> org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startPersistentService
> >> (Unknown
> >> Source)
> >>        at
> >> org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startPersistentService

Manjula.

Re: Failed to start database

Posted by tom_ <to...@web.de>.