Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by rhinfo <ch...@rhinfo.com> on 2001/09/25 11:51:29 UTC

external graphics

Hi at all,

I m using FOP 0.20.1,

i have a probleme with location of external graphics.

the following fo tag generated is working fine locally

<fo:external-graphic src="file:D:/Projects/work/sv2.gif" />

but once i deploy it on my server (linux)

with this tag

<fo:external-graphic src="file:///htdocs/www_iid/images/sv2.gif" />

i've got  the following  message

"Error while creating area : Invalid Image URL - error on relative URL : no
protocol: null"

i've tried :

<fo:external-graphic src="file:/htdocs/www_iid/images/sv2.gif" />

My servlet runner run as root,

the path

/htdocs/www_iid/images/sv2.gif is correct

but the same message occures anyway

does anyone met the same problem ?

Luc

Re: external graphics

Posted by Mark <ma...@inomial.com>.
Not sure if this will help, but there is a bug in Xalan or Xerces or
somewhere where file:/// references are  substring()d incorrectly to get
the file path (all three /'s are removed). So you could try file:////.
Like I say this isn't in FOP directly but perhaps FOP is using a URI
loader from another package (I can't remember).

I reported the bug to sun (cos it is in the apache xslt processor they
ship with JDK1.4) but I haven't heard back (in fact I think my bug went
into a black hole cos I don't even think i got an auto reply for it).

Mark