Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/12 05:21:30 UTC

[vote] Create SVN branch for Java 6 development

The subject was discussed a lot in threads:
- [OT] JFYI: Dave Gilbert (jfree.org) on Apache Harmony
- [classlib]proposal: java6 kick off!

I think that it is better to make it a clear vote thread to do final
decision. So I'd like to start voting.

[ ] +1 Accept creating branch for Java 6
[ ] 0  No opinion
[ ] -1 Against creating branch for Java 6 and reason

This vote will close 72 hours from now.

Thanks,
Stepan Mishura

Re: [vote] Create SVN branch for Java 6 development

Posted by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1 - lets do the branch for classlib module

--
Mikhail Fursov

Re: [vote] Create SVN branch for Java 6 development

Posted by Vikram <mr...@gmail.com>.
+1 for classlib branch

--
www.FaeLLe.com
www.VikramMohan.com

Re: [vote] Create SVN branch for Java 6 development

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Egor Pasko <eg...@gmail.com>.
On the 0x2B6 day of Apache Harmony Stepan Mishura wrote:
> On 4/12/07, Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> > Stepan,
> > I suppose the vote needs more distinct/detailed subject announced,
> > i.e. create "java6" branch on classlib module as a pilot.
> > +1 for that.
> >

> Sorry for not being clear - yes, I meant class library branch.

+1 for pilot classlib branch

> -Stepan.
>
> > 2007/4/12, Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>:
> > > +1
> > >
> > > -Stepan.

--
Egor Pasko

Re: [vote] Create SVN branch for Java 6 development

Posted by Rui Hu <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Robert Hu

Posted by Leo Li <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sian January <si...@googlemail.com>.
+1

On 12/04/07, Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 for classlib branch
>
> 2007/4/12, Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>:
> > On 4/12/07, Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> > > Stepan,
> > > I suppose the vote needs more distinct/detailed subject announced,
> > > i.e. create "java6" branch on classlib module as a pilot.
> > > +1 for that.
> > >

> > Sorry for not being clear - yes, I meant class library branch.
> >
> > -Stepan.

> final

--
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: [vote] Create SVN branch for Java 6 development

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
+1 for classlib branch

Posted by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>.
+1

2007/4/13, Kelvin Ye <ke...@gmail.com>:
> +1 for classlib branch
>
> On 4/12/07, Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 4/12/07, Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> > > Stepan,
> > > I suppose the vote needs more distinct/detailed subject announced,
> > > i.e. create "java6" branch on classlib module as a pilot.
> > > +1 for that.
> > >

> > Sorry for not being clear - yes, I meant class library branch.
> >
> > -Stepan.

> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Kelvin Ye
> China Software Development Lab, IBM

--
Sean Qiu

Re: [vote] Create SVN branch for Java 6 development

Posted by Kelvin Ye <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1 for classlib branch

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com>.
Stepan,

Posted by Tony Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
+1 strongly

On 4/12/07, Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> -Stepan.
>
> On 4/12/07, Stepan Mishura wrote:
> > The subject was discussed a lot in threads:
> > - [OT] JFYI: Dave Gilbert (jfree.org) on Apache Harmony
> > - [classlib]proposal: java6 kick off!
> >
> > I think that it is better to make it a clear vote thread to do final
> > decision. So I'd like to start voting.
> >
> > [ ] +1 Accept creating branch for Java 6
> > [ ] 0  No opinion
> > [ ] -1 Against creating branch for Java 6 and reason
> >
> > This vote will close 72 hours from now.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Stepan Mishura

Tony Wu

Posted by LvJimmy,Jing <fi...@gmail.com>.
+1 :)

2007/4/12, Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>:
> +1
>
> -Stepan.
>
> On 4/12/07, Stepan Mishura wrote:
> > The subject was discussed a lot in threads:
> > - [OT] JFYI: Dave Gilbert (jfree.org) on Apache Harmony
> > - [classlib]proposal: java6 kick off!
> >
> > I think that it is better to make it a clear vote thread to do final
> > decision. So I'd like to start voting.
> >
> > [ ] +1 Accept creating branch for Java 6
> > [ ] 0  No opinion
> > [ ] -1 Against creating branch for Java 6 and reason
> >
> > This vote will close 72 hours from now.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Stepan Mishura

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>.
On 4/17/07, Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/17/07, Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org> wrote:

> > > My understanding is that in the classlib's branch we can use 1.5 for
> > > concurrent code and take concurrent trunk into classlib's branch
> > > latter. Correct?
> >
> > I presume you mean that after the Java 5 is tagged and the trunk
> > becomes the Java 6/latest  branch again, then yes, we can pull in the
> > latest copy of the concurrent code there.
> >
> > Keep in mind, we do have to grab a copy of the code and check it into
> > SVN. Since it's public domain code, we keep it in the 'standard'
> > folder and pull it into classlib via an svn:externals link.
> >

> To be clear - I meant after taking concurrent trunk we'll have the following:
> classlib
>     trunk
>         modules/concurrent
>             ---> standart/classlib/trunk/modules/concurrent (1.5)
>     branches
>         java6-branch
>             modules/concurrent
>                 --->
> standart/classlib/branches/java6-branch/modules/concurrent (1.6)
>
> Thanks,
> Stepan.

We could do that, but it would be just as easy to set the external
link in trunk to a specific revision number and then check in the
latest concurrent code to standard and point the java6 branch to the
newer revision.

-Nathan

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
+1 for classlib branch.

Stepan Mishura wrote:
> The subject was discussed a lot in threads:
> - [OT] JFYI: Dave Gilbert (jfree.org) on Apache Harmony
> - [classlib]proposal: java6 kick off!
>
> I think that it is better to make it a clear vote thread to do final
> decision. So I'd like to start voting.
>
> [ ] +1 Accept creating branch for Java 6
> [ ] 0  No opinion
> [ ] -1 Against creating branch for Java 6 and reason
>
> This vote will close 72 hours from now.
>
> Thanks,
> Stepan Mishura

Oliver Deakin

Posted by Ruth Cao <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

Stepan Mishura wrote:
> The subject was discussed a lot in threads:
> - [OT] JFYI: Dave Gilbert (jfree.org) on Apache Harmony
> - [classlib]proposal: java6 kick off!
>
> I think that it is better to make it a clear vote thread to do final
> decision. So I'd like to start voting.
>
> [ ] +1 Accept creating branch for Java 6
> [ ] 0  No opinion
> [ ] -1 Against creating branch for Java 6 and reason
>
> This vote will close 72 hours from now.
>
> Thanks,
> Stepan Mishura

Ruth Cao

Posted by Yang Paulex <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me

2007/4/12, Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>:

> The subject was discussed a lot in threads:
> - [OT] JFYI: Dave Gilbert (jfree.org) on Apache Harmony
> - [classlib]proposal: java6 kick off!
>
> I think that it is better to make it a clear vote thread to do final
> decision. So I'd like to start voting.
>
> [ ] +1 Accept creating branch for Java 6
> [ ] 0  No opinion
> [ ] -1 Against creating branch for Java 6 and reason
>
> This vote will close 72 hours from now.
>
> Thanks,
> Stepan Mishura

Paulex Yang