Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Tang Yong <ta...@cn.fujitsu.com> on 2013/04/30 10:14:03 UTC

About "extend" and "multiple" attributes of felix bundlerepository

Hi Richard, Team

I have some questions about "extend" and "multiple" attributes of felix
bundlerepository while using obr:

My obr xml file has the following contents, eg.

<require name='package' filter='(&amp;(package=...))' extend='false'
multiple='false' optional='false'>

1) what is the meaning of "extend" attribute?

2) I have seen source and I found that while using obr to deploy a
resource, it seems that "extend" and "multiple" attributes have not any
effect on deploying, is right?

Could you please give me some suggestion?

Thanks
--Tang

−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−
Tang Yong
Senior Engineer
Glassfish Team Developer(OSGi&OSGi-JavaEE)
OSGi Alliance Supporter
Blog: http://osgizone.typepad.com/tangyong/

Nanjing Fujitsu NanDa Software Tec CO.,LTD
http://www.fujitsu.com/cn/fnst
Tel: +86-25-86630566-8310
Fax: +86-25-83317685
−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−

Re: About "extend" and "multiple" attributes of felix bundlerepository

Posted by Tang Yong <ta...@cn.fujitsu.com>.
Hi Neil,
CC: Richard,

Thanks your reply and yeah, felix provides Resolver RI.

My question is :

 >I have a litter question: AFAIK, JBOSS Repo is OSGi R5 Repository's RI.
 >Then, whether meaning felix obr will end up with 1.6.6 or not? Or
 >having any plan to continue to forward felix obr's development?

Thanks
--Tang

----------------------

Posted by Neil Bartlett <nj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tang Yong <ta...@cn.fujitsu.com>.
Hi Richard,

Richard S. Hall wrote:
> On 4/30/13 04:14 , Tang Yong wrote:
>> Hi Richard, Team
>>
>> I have some questions about "extend" and "multiple" attributes of felix
>> bundlerepository while using obr:
>>
>> My obr xml file has the following contents, eg.

>> <require name='package' filter='(&amp;(package=...))' extend='false'
>> multiple='false' optional='false'>
>>
>> 1) what is the meaning of "extend" attribute?
>
> It was a flag to indicate that the source "extends" the target, so the
> target may not be aware of the source but it might be a good idea to
> also deploy the source if you deploy the target. It was meant for
> discovery purposes.
About source and target, I want to know whether my understanding is
right as following:

Assuming the following:

<resource id='org.foo/1.0', ...>
   <require name='package' filter='(&amp;(package=org.bar))'
extend='true' ...>

Then, while deploying the resource, whether org.foo is source and the
bundle exporting org.bar is target?

>> 2) I have seen source and I found that while using obr to deploy a
>> resource, it seems that "extend" and "multiple" attributes have not any
>> effect on deploying, is right?
>
> The currently implementation does nothing with either, although the new
> OBR resolver implementation does take cardinality (i.e., multiple) into
> account. However, the OBR implementation hasn't been refactored to use
> the new OBR resolver yet.
I have a litter question: AFAIK, JBOSS Repo is OSGi R5 Repository's RI.
Then, whether meaning felix obr will end up with 1.6.6 or not? Or having
any plan to continue to forward felix obr's development?

> I think "extend" has been dropped from the latest repository work.
Here's "the latest repository work" means "felix obr's development" or
"JBOSS Repo"?

Thanks
--Tang

> -> richard
>
>> Could you please give me some suggestion?
>>
>> Thanks
>> --Tang
>>
>> −−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−
>> Tang Yong
>> Senior Engineer
>> Glassfish Team Developer(OSGi&OSGi-JavaEE)
>> OSGi Alliance Supporter
>> Blog: http://osgizone.typepad.com/tangyong/
>>
>> Nanjing Fujitsu NanDa Software Tec CO.,LTD
>> http://www.fujitsu.com/cn/fnst
>> Tel: +86-25-86630566-8310
>> Fax: +86-25-83317685

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.