Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/03/01 08:06:19 UTC

Re: analysis paralysis :-)

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> John Morrison wrote:
> > Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> > > There is no alternative: separation of concerns is king if we want to
> > > keep the docs scalable... otherwise this project will become the
> > > bottleneck and I don't want this.
> >
> > Without doubt they should use xml.  Question is - should they all *have*
> > to use the same DTD/schema?
>
> I would be a great plus if they did, don't you think?
>
> But it's utopical to think they will do just because we tell them to do
> it.

We can lead by example. I see that more and more projects
will come to participate in the Forrest website builds just
because they like what they see.

> So we have to come up with an easy and appealing transition process.

Perhaps we can encourage them to all use the same schema
for their docs. However, if they cannot for some reason, then
they/we could supply a stylesheet and sitemap fragment that
Cocoon will use to transform their docs into the standard schema.

-- David Crossley