Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Hyde <bh...@gensym.com> on 1997/11/06 15:58:29 UTC

Build summary apache_19971105200014.tar.gz

The last build summary was Friday Oct 31.

The sparcsol and sgi executables shrunk slightly.

The mips log changed substantially.  Many lines like this:

  /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/mips-dec-ultrix4.1/2.7.2/include/sys/stat.h:79: parse error before `st_mtime'

departed, and a few warnings arrived:

   gcc -c  -I../../regex -I../../os/unix -I../../main    -DULTRIX -DSTATUS   mod_autoindex.c
   mod_autoindex.c: In function `index_directory':
   mod_autoindex.c:1075: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from incompatible pointer type
   gcc -c  -I../../regex -I../../os/unix -I../../main    -DULTRIX -DSTATUS   mod_unique_id.c
   In file included from mod_unique_id.c:65:
   /usr/include/netdb.h:17: redefinition of `struct hostent'
   /usr/include/netdb.h:30: redefinition of `struct netent'
   /usr/include/netdb.h:37: redefinition of `struct servent'
   /usr/include/netdb.h:44: redefinition of `struct protoent'
   /usr/include/netdb.h:50: redefinition of `struct rpcent'

I've lost the ablity to build on the NT (purchasing managed to buy the licensed
RSH demon which then trashed the configuration I'd established and I've lacked
the time to repair the damage).  I presume I'll fix that.

In the amuzement category a few platforms are getting advised of now obsolete
/usr/local/etc/httpd on those platforms on those machines.  Some of these are as
much as four years old and show how many people around my organization have at
one time or another setup a web server on some seemingly underused piece of
hardware.

I'm currently building and publishing these results to
   http://www.geocities.com/athens/4556/abindex.html
more regularly than I'm reading the results and writing up the summary so if
your just can't wait you may find fresh info there.  While, the build is not on a
crontab, I'd be happy to fire one off upon request.

I'm playing with automatic testing across N platforms.  It's a messy puzzle.  If
other folks want to (privately) mention resources I might leverage at some point
feel free.  Scriptable clients, humm?

   - ben
---
"the narcissism of small differences."