Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/04 05:19:10 UTC

change layout?

I want to use a different layout for some pages.

I know how to use different screens, but what about different layouts?  I
read the archive, and although someone had posted this same question,  I
did not see a solution.

Thanks a bunch,
Phillip

Re: change layout?

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.
On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 02:19, Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> I want to use a different layout for some pages.
>
> I know how to use different screens, but what about different layouts?  I
> read the archive, and although someone had posted this same question,  I
> did not see a solution.

layouts are found the same way screens are. if you have a url like this
http://???/servlet/turbine/template/admin%2Cmain.vm

and your template root is , for example, /templates

then the following files are needed to customize layout, etc.

/templates/screens/admin/Main.vm
/template/layouts/admin/Default.vm

look at
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/howto/velocity-site-howto.html

section 'How the templates are found'

> Thanks a bunch,
> Phillip

Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
IT - Inter Business Tecnologia e Servicos (IB)
http://www.ibnetwork.com.br