Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2010/07/21 04:03:06 UTC

Status of 1.6 branch.....

Colm,

I asw just wondering what that status of the 1.6 branch is?  Aka: how close to
releasable is it?

We're getting pretty close to CXF 2.3 and am trying to figure out if moving up
to 1.6 will be a possibility or if we need to stay on 1.5.x.

Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help get 1.6 ready.

Thanks!

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Status of 1.6 branch.....

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Dan,

I reckon the immediate priority is to release 1.5.9. It's been a year
now since 1.5.8 was released. There are currently 5 open items:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-237
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-236
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-234
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-233
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-204

I have to review David's patches for the first 2, and I have a patch
for the other two that I need to finish off. I haven't looked at
WSS-204 (i.e. SAML 2.0 processing support) in a while, I recall there
was some issue with the patch. I will take another look.

WRT 1.6, in addition to the previous items we have:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-188
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-40
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-204

I've done some work on changing the behaviour of the callback stuff,
which I will finish off and mail to the list. The big ticket items are
the change to SAML 2 and support for chained certificates. I likely
will not have the time to do these in the immediate future, so if
someone is willing to contribute to tackling these all the better!

I also have a couple of issues to iron out with the
SecurityTokenReference Transform on trunk.

I propose getting 1.5.9 out the door asap, and then focusing on 1.6. Thoughts?

Colm.