Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by my...@abilsoft.com on 2008/02/18 03:07:37 UTC

s:roundedDiv/Facelets

Hello,

I'm having trouble geting the s:roundedDiv (a component I'm jus
now beginning to work with) to work.  I've got the following in
a facelet (by the way, this page/facelet works perfectly if I
revert the following s:roundedDiv back to the t:div it started
with)....

<s:roundedDiv radius="8" color="#999966" style="text-align:
center>

<h:outputText value="Hello world!"/>

</s:roundedDiv>

It does not seem to accept the color attribute value?  I have
tried the following without success:

- leaving it off (no luck, it's  a required field
- formatting it as #999966 as well as 999966 as well as
0x999966 - all not recognized
- specifying a text color such as "red" - no luck either
- embedding it in a CDATA sections such as color="<![CDATA
[#999966]]> - does not work as the '<' character cannot be
accepted.

I'm completely at a loss as to what I doing wrong or waht to
try next.  I will appreciate and and all ideas.

TIA!

Re: s:roundedDiv/Facelets

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
There is no tag handler yet for the roundedDiv component. The color value
has to be a java.awt.Color object, strings will not work. The JSP tag
converts the string to a Color object. So unless you create a facelets
function to create the Color, then a TagHandler will need to be created.

This function will work:

  public static Color stringToColor(String value)
  {
    if (value == null || value.length() == 0) { return null; }
    return Color.decode(value);
  }

I never got around to the TagHandler, and frankly forgot. If you want, open
a enhancement bug to add facelets support

-Andrew