Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/17 16:14:09 UTC

Re: JINI plugin for JMeter

Hello,

Thanks for the offer of the code.

The plugin seems to the team to be rather specialized, and unlikely to be
used by many other JMeter users.

Adding code to JMeter is only part of the overall development process.
It also needs to have test cases and documentation. And support on the
mailing lists.
And the code needs to be maintained.
All of which requires developer time and knowledge of the specific API
being tested.

In the team opinion, this means that this particular plugin is better left
as a 3rd party project.

Such projects can be listed on the JMeter Wiki -
https://wiki.apache.org/jmeter/JMeterPlugins
And of course any such plugins can easily be added to a JMeter installation.

Anyway thanks a lot for your offer to contribute, we'll be very happy to
integrate
any other contribution more widely used by JMeter community.

Regards
The Apache JMeter Team