Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2017/09/22 17:51:14 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Availability of AOO-4.1.4 RC4

Available for immediate testing are the source tarballs/zips and
community builds of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4-RC4 (RC3 was DOA).

As noted, these are Release Candidates and are not official,
GA releases, although based on testing, the could become so.
So PLEASE test these out!

You can find these gems at:

   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.4-RC4/

Upon successful, positive feedback, a VOTE on blessing RC4 as GA
will likely be forthcoming.

Cheers!
--
Jim Jagielski
On behalf of the Apache OpenOffice Project

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of AOO-4.1.4 RC4

Posted by Mathias Röllig <mr...@gmx.net>.
No problems with AOO 4.1.4 RC 4 DE installation and en-GB language pack
under Ubuntu 14.04 64bit.

Regards
Mathias

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of AOO-4.1.4 RC4

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
That is consistent with Peter Kovacs' suggestion that it might be
picking up the language from my profile. I was running on a computer
that had run AOO previously, though not a 4.1.4 candidate.

Re: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of AOO-4.1.4 RC4

Posted by Stuart Swales <st...@croftnuisk.co.uk>.

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
Mine is on default. But I did not update. Maybe it is something thats
pulled from your Profile?

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
My preliminary testing with AOO 4.1.4 RC4 on Linux-32 (CentOS 6.9) results
in everything AOK. I had built AOO 4.1.4 RC2 without problems and tested
that a few weeks ago as well. I will test RC4 more before the vote.

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> Available for immediate testing are the source tarballs/zips and
> community builds of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4-RC4 (RC3 was DOA).
>
> As noted, these are Release Candidates and are not official,
> GA releases, although based on testing, the could become so.
> So PLEASE test these out!
>
> You can find these gems at:
>
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.4-RC4/
>
> Upon successful, positive feedback, a VOTE on blessing RC4 as GA
> will likely be forthcoming.
>
> Cheers!
> --
> Jim Jagielski
> On behalf of the Apache OpenOffice Project

MzK

"Only the truth will save you now."
                         -- Ensei Tankado, "Digital Fortress"

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of AOO-4.1.4 RC4

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
I just installed AOO 4.1.4 RC4 on Ubuntu 17.10 Beta2 64-bit.

It works fine!
But the "new" dark Gnome Desktop looks ugly (to me) and wastes an
enormous amount of screen space...

Matthias

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.
Thanks!

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:
> Available for immediate testing are the source tarballs/zips and
> community builds of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4-RC4 (RC3 was DOA).
>
> As noted, these are Release Candidates and are not official,
> GA releases, although based on testing, the could become so.
> So PLEASE test these out!
>
> You can find these gems at:
>
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.4-RC4/
>
> Upon successful, positive feedback, a VOTE on blessing RC4 as GA
> will likely be forthcoming.
>
> Cheers!
> --
> Jim Jagielski
> On behalf of the Apache OpenOffice Project

Built from your source RC4 tarball on Debian Stretch (9.1) AMD64,
Reiser4 -formatted media, with en-US, DE, and RU, languages: DEBs and
RPMs.
< http://www.enlightenment.org/ss/e-59c90ee8784eb0.91544571.jpg >

Using normally now with no apparent issues.

Best Professional Regards.

--
Jose R R
http://metztli.it

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of AOO-4.1.4 RC4

Posted by Don Lewis <tr...@apache.org>.
On 22 Sep, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Available for immediate testing are the source tarballs/zips and
> community builds of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4-RC4 (RC3 was DOA).
>
> As noted, these are Release Candidates and are not official,
> GA releases, although based on testing, the could become so.
> So PLEASE test these out!
>
> You can find these gems at:
>
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.4-RC4/
>
> Upon successful, positive feedback, a VOTE on blessing RC4 as GA
> will likely be forthcoming.

I was able to build this as a FreeBSD port.  Seems to work fine.