Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Eric MAISONOBE <vi...@nat.fr> on 1999/10/12 23:13:09 UTC

general/5130: First load of any applet java take at least 2 or 3 minutes

>Number:         5130
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       First load of any applet java take at least 2 or 3 minutes
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Well, this is a very strange problem :

When i load my web pages (with little java applet) from my apache server, the
applet of the first page require about 2mn or 3mn to be loaded !!
One time this is done, this same page (and same applet), is loaded normaly
(very quickly).
And all other pages, with other applets, are loaded normaly when the first one
is complete.

I've try to start my session by loading an other page (with different
applet). I've found exactly the same problem : several minutes to load the
first applet, and then all other applets are loaded normaly.

To be sure that this is not due to a client configuration problem, i've try
to load those pages directly from a filesystem, without http : all goes
right.

So, ... if you have any idea, please help me.

Configuration : Server : Apache WWW server v 1.2.6 on Linux
Clients : IE4.01

                  Eric MAISONOBE
                       viret@nat.fr

>How-To-Repeat: