Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dalibor Cvijetinovic <da...@ice.si> on 2004/03/10 14:44:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache2 and mod_ssl

I am new to this mailing list and let me apologize if this question has
already been answered.

Can apache 2 work with ssl? I can not find mod_ssl for apache version 2
and i want to know has anyone managed to configure apache to work with
ssl?

Best regards,
Dalibor

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 and mod_ssl

Posted by hunter <th...@sympatico.ca>.
On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 08:44, Dalibor Cvijetinovic wrote:
> I am new to this mailing list and let me apologize if this question has
> already been answered.
>
> Can apache 2 work with ssl? I can not find mod_ssl for apache version 2
> and i want to know has anyone managed to configure apache to work with
> ssl?
>
> Best regards,
> Dalibor

mod_ssl is built in to Apache2.

The instructions for building Apache2 depend on your platform.

Chris

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 and mod_ssl

Posted by James Scott <jh...@cox.net>.
On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 07:44, Dalibor Cvijetinovic wrote:
> I am new to this mailing list and let me apologize if this question has
> already been answered.
>
> Can apache 2 work with ssl? I can not find mod_ssl for apache version 2
> and i want to know has anyone managed to configure apache to work with
> ssl?
I am new too but the short answer is yes and yes.  At least in fedora
core 1's default httpd server it is setup by default.  You have to do
the certificates and stuff but it is there and working.