Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Skip <sk...@pelorus.org> on 2008/03/21 00:27:28 UTC

Logging

My email is hosted on a shared hosting site where I don't have much
access to the good stuff, like syslog and /var/*anything*.  For that
reason, I believe spamc/spamd is out for me.  They do in fact have spamd
running.  Here's the ps -aux output
root      9532  0.0  0.6 69628 24544 ?       Ss   Mar10   7:17
/usr/bin/spamd -d --allowed-ips=127.0.0.1 --pidfile=/var/run/spamd.pid
--max-children=5

So, I think if I am to have have any hope of getting a decent log out of
SA, then I will need to use the full spamassassin commandline from
procmail. No problem, but as I read in the faq,
(http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SeparateLogFile) the instructions
there on how to get a different log file involve tinkering with things
that I don't have access to.  Are there any other options for me?
Commandline piping?  Creative file links?  I really need to figure out a
way to get into my logs so I can see what my installation is doing and
not doing.

Thanks in advance.
Skip