Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/08/14 04:06:45 UTC

[ApacheDS] [MINA] 1.5.x should use MINA 1.1.2

Guys I think we should use MINA 1.1.2 in the trunk which is a jdk 5 port of
MINA 1.0 which
should remove the extra dependency on the concurrent jar and possibly result
in some
performance improvements.

WDYT?  Trustin could you chime in here with some advice?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [ApacheDS] [MINA] 1.5.x should use MINA 1.1.2

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Hey thanks MINA folks for chiming in and your support.

-Alex

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
yes, and we will move on this week !

Thanks Julien.

PS : if you are available this week, may I interrupt you if we have
some problem ?

On 8/14/07, Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The API impact is minimal, just generics in some places and as Alex
> said it'll remove the concurrency back-port dependency.
>
> If you already depend on Java 1.5 there is no good reason for stick to
> 1.0.X :)
>
> Julien
>
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:05:34 +0200
> "Emmanuel Lecharny" <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Let's try ! It should not be complicated to switch to 1.1.2.

> > > It's a good idea! :)
> > >
> > > Trustin
> > > --
> > > what we call human nature is actually human habit
> > > --
> > > http://gleamynode.net/
> > > --
> > > PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [ApacheDS] [MINA] 1.5.x should use MINA 1.1.2

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Hi,

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Let's try ! It should not be complicated to switch to 1.1.2.

On 8/14/07, Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/14/07, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Guys I think we should use MINA 1.1.2 in the trunk which is a jdk 5 port of
> > MINA 1.0 which
> > should remove the extra dependency on the concurrent jar and possibly result
> > in some
> > performance improvements.
> >
> > WDYT?  Trustin could you chime in here with some advice?
>
> It's a good idea! :)
>
> Trustin
> http://gleamynode.net/
> --
> PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [ApacheDS] [MINA] 1.5.x should use MINA 1.1.2

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.