Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vincent Stoessel <vi...@xaymaca.com> on 2002/10/16 21:53:13 UTC

anyone seen this startup error?

Oct 16, 2002 2:53:00 PM org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn init
SEVERE: null
	at
org.apache.commons.collections.FastHashMap$CollectionView$CollectionViewIterator.hasNext(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.commons.validator.Field.processMessageComponents(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.commons.validator.Field.process(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.commons.validator.Form.process(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.commons.validator.FormSet.process(Unknown Source)

I did view the validator xml files in netbeans once but I don't see how
that would cause the problem. I'm not using the dyna validator stuff yet
but everything seems to work fine so far.

struts 1.1b2 jdk 1.4 tomcat 4.1.12 redhat linux 7.3
--
Vincent Stoessel
Linux Systems Developer

Re: AW: anyone seen this startup error?

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
That is too weird.  I wouldn't think that would make a difference.  ...
or is it because you had TWO linebreaks?  I write seperate attributes on
seperate lines all the time - but not with the spacer line.  It's just a
ton easier (for me) to read.  Do what works though :-) That should be
your guiding light (obviously).

  <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
    <set-property property="pathnames"

value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,/WEB-INF/validation.xml"/>
  </plug-in>

should work.

--
Eddie Bush

AW: anyone seen this startup error?

Posted by Vincent Stoessel <vi...@xaymaca.com>.
Wahoo! found the problem.

line breaks got introduced somehow in my struts-config.xml

changing this:

   <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">

     <set-property

         property="pathnames"

         value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,/WEB-INF/validation.xml"/>

   </plug-in>

to this:

   <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">

     <set-property property="pathnames"
value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,/WEB-INF/validation.xml" />

   </plug-in>

stopped the exception at startup.

I love the xemacs ediff tool.

--
Vincent Stoessel
Linux Systems Developer

Re: anyone seen this startup error?

Posted by Vincent Stoessel <vi...@xaymaca.com>.

Posted by Umberto Nicoletti <un...@prometeo.it>.
I have seen that error using StrutsTestCase for in container testing of
Struts actions. It appeared to happen while the Struts controller looked
up the action for a given request, though.

The error would be triggered after running the first test. I am using
1.1beta2.
So far I found no way of solving it, but I'll try to upgrade to a
nightly build and maybe a more recent version of StrutsTestCase.

umberto

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 10:57, Rob Leland wrote:
> Vincent Stoessel wrote:
> > Oct 16, 2002 2:53:00 PM org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn init
> > SEVERE: null
> > java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
> >     at
> This was fixed last Friday Oct 11, so download
> the latest nightly build, which also has other
> Validator fixes.
>
> -Rob

Umberto Nicoletti
unicoletti@prometeo.it | Tel. +390415701366

"We'll try to make different mistakes this time." - Larry Wall

Re: anyone seen this startup error?

Posted by Rob Leland <rl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Haven't seen it.  Can you try a nightly?  Are you using the "modules"
architechture?