Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by kranthi reddy <kr...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/31 13:03:56 UTC

Creating lucene index from databases

Hi all,

 I am new to lucene. I want to build a search engine. The entire content on
which I want to search is stored in Mysql database.

Is it possible to use the content in sql database  to build an index using
lucene? If it is possible, please give a few tips on how it can be done.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
kranthi

Re: Creating lucene index from databases

Posted by Chris Lu <ch...@gmail.com>.
kranthi,

Maybe you should use DBSight Lite to get started and get familiar with
Lucene features.

--
Chris Lu
-------------------------

Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah wrote:
> Hi,
> You can use LuSQl it is very handy if you already have data in the Database.
> http://lab.cisti-icist.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/cistilabswiki/index.php/LuSql
> Regards,
> Allahbaksh
>
> Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah,
> http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com
> Starting a startup is hard, but having a 9 to 5 job is hard too, and in some ways a worse kind of hard.

Infosys e-mail system.