Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Zhang, Lisheng" <Li...@BroadVision.com> on 2012/07/18 01:53:35 UTC

Could I use Solr to index multiple applications?

Hi,

We have an application where we index data into many different directories (each directory
is corresponding to a different lucene IndexSearcher).

Looking at Solr config it seems that Solr expects there is only one indexed data directory,
can we use Solr for our application?

Thanks very much for helps, Lisheng

Re: Could I use Solr to index multiple applications?

Posted by Shashi Kant <sk...@sloan.mit.edu>.
My suggestion would be to look into Multi Tenancy http://www.elasticsearch.org/.
It is easy to setup and use for multiple indexes.

Posted by "Zhang, Lisheng" <Li...@BroadVision.com>.
Yury and Shashi,

Thanks very much for helps! I am studying the options pointed
out by you (Solr multiple cores and Elasticsearch).

Best regards, Lisheng

On 7/17/2012 9:26 PM, Zhang, Lisheng wrote:
> Thanks very much for quick help! Multicore sounds interesting,
> I roughly read the doc, so we need to put each core name into
> Solr config XML, if we add another core and change XML, do we
> need to restart Solr?

You can add/create cores on the fly, without restarting.
See http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin#CREATE

Re: Could I use Solr to index multiple applications?

Posted by Yury Kats <yu...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Shashi Kant <sk...@sloan.mit.edu>.