Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org> on 2004/09/17 10:33:20 UTC

Buglist for 1.2.1

Hello Devs,

you can find the current bug schedule for 1.2.1 at
http://makeashorterlink.com/?M1B952249 .

I will try to fix some small bugs the next evenings.
There are three critical bugs. I will have a look at #29083 .

IMHO it is too early to to roll an RC.

Comments or commitments ?

[RT] I saw Wolfgang Kaltz added some useful hints to fix #30000 .
I recognized he sent some useful other patches and ideas too.
Does it make sense to propose him as a new commiter if he likes?

IMHO he could really help out here and would free us to integrate his
patches. I guess it would also reduce addtional work for him caused by
the need of resubmitting patches.

WDYT?

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: Buglist for 1.2.1

Posted by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <ka...@interactivesystems.info>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> [RT] I saw Wolfgang Kaltz added some useful hints to fix #30000 .
> I recognized he sent some useful other patches and ideas too.
> Does it make sense to propose him as a new commiter if he likes?

Hi people, since my name is mentioned, a few words from me :)

If you wish, you can definitely make me a committer - I haven´t yet
looked into all internals of Lenya, but I´ve been developing with Cocoon
for several years, so bug-fixes and "smaller" enhancements are feasible
without too many risks ;)

In any case, what is important is that the issue of "how to contribute
code to Lenya" is transparent and fairly well documented, so that people
aren´t scared off. The Cocoon doc (how to prepare a patch) is a starting
point, but not enough. I had documented this in the Wiki with your help,
along with a couple of pitfalls (which of course I fell into), but of
course all docs, including the homepage, will need to be updated now
that the move to subversion has been made.

On a personal note: I wish I could come to the OSCOM in Zurich,
unfortunately I have a trip planned since many months. I´m also going to
miss the Cocoon conference in Ghent, which would have been even closer -
that will teach me to avoid planning personal trips in the fall ;)

Cheers
Wolfgang

Re: Buglist for 1.2.1

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> I don't think we have to fix any of these bugs for 1.2.1, because
> we already fixed a lot since 1.2(.0)
>
> I'd rather suggest to release 1.2.1 and do more fixes on 1.2.2-dev,
> because 1.2.1 would be much better already than 1.2(.0)

have there been regressions? if not, +1 to release

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: Buglist for 1.2.1

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>Mmmh, yes.
>
>Maybe it makes sense to start rolling RCs now in order to test for
>regression and build problems etc.

+1

> After the board meeting we are
>theoretically ready to release concerning incubator issues.

if the board is accepting the proposal ;-)

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Buglist for 1.2.1

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 23:41, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
> >Hello Devs,
> >
> >you can find the current bug schedule for 1.2.1 at
> >http://makeashorterlink.com/?M1B952249 .
> >
> >I will try to fix some small bugs the next evenings.
> >There are three critical bugs. I will have a look at #29083 .
> >
> >IMHO it is too early to to roll an RC.
> >
> >Comments or commitments ?
> >

> I don't think we have to fix any of these bugs for 1.2.1, because
> we already fixed a lot since 1.2(.0)

Right.

> I'd rather suggest to release 1.2.1 and do more fixes on 1.2.2-dev,
> because 1.2.1 would be much better already than 1.2(.0)

Mmmh, yes.

Maybe it makes sense to start rolling RCs now in order to test for
regression and build problems etc. After the board meeting we are

Re: Buglist for 1.2.1

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>Hello Devs,
>
>you can find the current bug schedule for 1.2.1 at
>http://makeashorterlink.com/?M1B952249 .
>
>I will try to fix some small bugs the next evenings.
>There are three critical bugs. I will have a look at #29083 .
>
>IMHO it is too early to to roll an RC.
>
>Comments or commitments ?

I don't think we have to fix any of these bugs for 1.2.1, because
we already fixed a lot since 1.2(.0)

I'd rather suggest to release 1.2.1 and do more fixes on 1.2.2-dev,
because 1.2.1 would be much better already than 1.2(.0)

>IMHO he could really help out here and would free us to integrate his
>patches. I guess it would also reduce addtional work for him caused by
>the need of resubmitting patches.
>

>WDYT?

+1

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Buglist for 1.2.1

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 10:42, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>>Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>>
>>>Hello Devs,
>>>
>>>you can find the current bug schedule for 1.2.1 at
>>>http://makeashorterlink.com/?M1B952249 .
>>>
>>>I will try to fix some small bugs the next evenings.
>>>There are three critical bugs. I will have a look at #29083 .
>>>
>>>IMHO it is too early to to roll an RC.
>>>
>>>Comments or commitments ?
>>
>>I think some of them shouldn't be fixed in 1.2.1
>>because of the major impact on the code base:
>>
>>   29861
>>   31157
>>
>>Unless someone finds a way to fix them without much
>>effort, it is fine with me to defer them to 1.4.
>

> I feel the same. I add a/your note to the 'zilla items
> and move them later to 1.4 . ok?

+1

-- Andreas

Re: Buglist for 1.2.1