Posted to user@flink.apache.org by antonio saldivar <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/20 18:59:13 UTC

working with flink Session Windows

Hello

I am building an app but for this UC I want to test with session windows
and I am not sure if this will be expensive for the compute resources
because the gap will be 10 mins, 20 mins 60 mins because I want to trigger
an alert if the element reaches some thresholds within those periods of
time.

flink version 1.4.2

Thank you
Best Regards
Antonio Saldivar

Re: working with flink Session Windows

Posted by antonio saldivar <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Actually I evaluate my WindowFunction with a trigger alert, having
something like below code (testing with 2 different windows), expecting 5K
elements per second arriving

SingleOutputStreamOperator<String> windowedElem = element

.keyBy("id")

.timeWindow(Time.seconds(120))

//     .window(EventTimeSessionWindows.withGap(Time.minutes(20)))

.trigger(new AlertTrigger(env.getStreamTimeCharacteristic())

.aggregate(new EleAggregator(), new EleWindowFn())

Posted by Hequn Cheng <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi antonio,