Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by philippa griggs <ph...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2015/11/24 13:31:56 UTC

Solr Collections Migrate statement

Hello,

I'm using Solr 5.2.1 and Zookeeper 3.4.6.

I have a quick question about the Solr Collection API and the migrate statement.

I've got a test environment working with two shards and two collections. When I run the Migrate command the documents appear on the target collection no problem, however I'm still seeing them on the source collection. For some reason I assumed that they would be deleted from the source when moved across.

Just wondering what the expected behaviour should be- does the source collection stay exactly the same or should the migrated documents be deleted?

Many thanks

Philippa

Re: Solr Collections Migrate statement

Posted by philippa griggs <ph...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Thank you. Just wanted to double check.

Philippa

This is the expected behavior. The old documents stay on the source
collection so you can verify the result of the migrate and delete them
yourself.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 6:01 PM, philippa griggs
<ph...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm using Solr 5.2.1 and Zookeeper 3.4.6.
>

> I have a quick question about the Solr Collection API and the migrate statement.
>

> I've got a test environment working with two shards and two collections. When I run the Migrate command the documents appear on the target collection no problem, however I'm still seeing them on the source collection. For some reason I assumed that they would be deleted from the source when moved across.
>

> Just wondering what the expected behaviour should be- does the source collection stay exactly the same or should the migrated documents be deleted?
>

> Many thanks
>
> Philippa

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Solr Collections Migrate statement

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Philippa,

<ph...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm using Solr 5.2.1 and Zookeeper 3.4.6.
>

> I have a quick question about the Solr Collection API and the migrate statement.
>

> I've got a test environment working with two shards and two collections. When I run the Migrate command the documents appear on the target collection no problem, however I'm still seeing them on the source collection. For some reason I assumed that they would be deleted from the source when moved across.
>

> Just wondering what the expected behaviour should be- does the source collection stay exactly the same or should the migrated documents be deleted?
>

> Many thanks
>
> Philippa

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.