Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Marc Roos <M....@f1-outsourcing.eu> on 2019/08/06 16:00:53 UTC

Advice on how to group nodes (maybe with fault domain)

I have a test environment of vm's and I added a bare metal server to it.

I would like to be able to differentiate task launches on the vm's and
the bare metal. I thought about configuring fault domains. But then I
run into the problem that the one master I have currently is not able to
service the zone of the vms and the zone of the bare metal server.

Is it even possible to configure the master to service these two zone's?
And how? Something like this?

{"fault_domain":{"region":{"name": "test"},"zone":{"name": "*"}}}

Or should I approach this differently?

RE: Advice on how to group nodes (maybe with fault domain)

Posted by Marc Roos <M....@f1-outsourcing.eu>.
Yes managed with this

echo '{"fault_domain":{"region":{"name": "test"},"zone":{"name":
"test-rack1"},"zone":{"name": "test-rack2"} }}' >
/etc/mesos-master/domain

Master should be able to make offers for agents in different zones. Not
sure what you are encountering?  Please read
http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/fault-domains/ if you
haven't already.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.