Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Pannell <st...@zooplus.com> on 2005/03/24 11:56:38 UTC

cache issue

Hi,

When using tomcat 5.5.7 with apache 1.3.x I have problem that pages I have
visited before are cached in the browser -so changes cannot be seen.  I
don't have this problem when I just use tomcat as the web-server, only once
I started using apache.  Clearly this is a problem because the url is the
same and that's just they way browsers work.

Is there any solution to this problem.  Is there some way I change add a
random parameter to each url request (built with <c:url> for example
http://domain/mypage.jsp?random=tr445e) - that would fix it or is there some
config property in apache/tomcat to resolve this?

Thanks,
Steve.

Re: cache issue

Posted by David Causse <dc...@cognitis.fr>.
Steven Pannell wrote:

>Hi,
>
>When using tomcat 5.5.7 with apache 1.3.x I have problem that pages I have
>visited before are cached in the browser -so changes cannot be seen.  I
>don't have this problem when I just use tomcat as the web-server, only once
>I started using apache.  Clearly this is a problem because the url is the
>same and that's just they way browsers work.
>
>Is there any solution to this problem.  Is there some way I change add a
>random parameter to each url request (built with <c:url> for example
>http://domain/mypage.jsp?random=tr445e) - that would fix it or is there some
>config property in apache/tomcat to resolve this?

Hi Steven,

I have to use this hack to fix an MS IE bug that didn't reload correctly
page that are opened as modal
windows, but you should not do this for normal pages except if you find
a bug in a product you don't
have any control.

I don't have any problems like this with apache 2/mod_jk2/tomcat 5.0.28
but we have http meta no-cache
in our jsps.

Good luck.