Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jan Hoskens <jh...@schaubroeck.be> on 2004/05/05 08:21:36 UTC

[CForms][Woody] Calendar FYI

I don't know if it's already said & done, but I'm working with cocoon
release 2.1.4 and there was a slight problem with the calendar. When using
the calendar under mozilla browsers, it shows at the top of the page, not at
the correct location (as in contrast to IE). I fixed this by simply setting
a "px" at the posititions in the mattkruse lib popup. Here's what I did to
fix it:

Go to the file "mattkruse-lib/PopupWindow.js"
Search for the function "PopupWindow_showPopup(anchorname)"

Look for the code:
" if (this.use_gebi) {
   document.getElementById(this.divName).style.left = this.x;
   document.getElementById(this.divName).style.top = this.y;"

And add '+ "px" ' to the end of these lines. You'll probably want this on
each line where "style.left = this.x" occurs, but the calendar seems
to agree in the first condition (so I only showed you that one, yes I'm
lazy;-).

so you'll end up with:
" if (this.use_gebi) {
   document.getElementById(this.divName).style.left = this.x + "px";
   document.getElementById(this.divName).style.top = this.y+ "px";"

Now this simple fix will let mozilla know the correct position for the
calendar popup, it just needed that measurement unit (that was easy, wasn't
it?).

I don't know if there's already a fix for this in the cvs head as I'm not
currently working with it, so use it/commit it if you want or let me know if
there's a newer version.

Kind Regards,
Jan

Re: [CForms][Woody] Calendar FYI

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.
IIRC (as I haven't seen this behaviour now for a while) this was fixed
in 2.1.5-dev:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=108128922010144&w=2

regards,
-marc=