Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Annamalai Arunachalam <an...@emcsg.com> on 2003/04/11 11:34:31 UTC

problem in accessing link

Hi

Let me thank you at the outset for answering my question.

1 I installed Tomcat 4.1.8; runs successfully. can see the tomcat home
page (first page index.jsp)
2 Added admin role and manager role to tomcat-users xml file.
3 can login to <Tomcat administration> page
4 but whenever I click <Tomcat manager> link, I get the following error
message

HTTP Status 403 -

  _____

type Status report
message
description Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden.
  _____

Apache Tomcat/4.1.18

I would like to know the problem.
Kindly reply

=====================
Annamalai Arunachalam
System Support Analyst
=====================
Energy Market Company Pte Ltd (EMC)
9 Raffles Place, #22-01 Republic Plaza, Singapore 048619
Tel:   (65) 6779 3000
Fax:  (65) 6779 3030
Mob: (65) 96655572
Email: annamalai@emcsg.com
Web:  www.emcsg.com
Important: This message is intended for the recipient(s) addressed
above. It is likely to contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, kindly notify the
sender or Energy Market Company Pte Ltd generally at info@emcsg.com
<ma...@emcsg.com>  immediately by replying to this message and
then delete it from your system. You must not read, copy, use, or
disseminate this communication in any manner whatsoever. Thank you.
Disclaimer: Email communications are not known to be secure. While we
have taken every reasonable effort to ensure that this communication has
not been tampered with, Energy Market Company Pte Ltd is not responsible
for any changes made to the contents of or any attachments to this
message without its prior written consent. If you wish to receive a hard
copy of this message to verify the accuracy of the contents thereof,
please contact the sender. Note that only views, opinions or such other
information contained in this message that relate to the official
business of Energy Market Company Pte Ltd is to be taken to have been
sent by and on behalf of Energy Market Company Pte Ltd.