Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by kiran lonikar <lo...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/16 07:37:17 UTC

Hive on Spark Vs Spark SQL

I would like to know if Hive on Spark uses or shares the execution code
with Spark SQL or DataFrames?

More specifically, does Hive on Spark benefit from the changes made to
Spark SQL, project Tungsten? Or is it completely different execution path
where it creates its own plan and executes on RDD?

-Kiran

Re: Hive on Spark Vs Spark SQL

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
No it does not -- although it'd benefit from some of the work to make
shuffle more robust.

Re: Hive on Spark Vs Spark SQL

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.

Re: Hive on Spark Vs Spark SQL