Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by ol...@resco.de on 2005/10/12 16:37:37 UTC

New Feature Idea

Hello,

I'm one of the individual members of the EJB 3.0 Expert Group (JSR220).

I looked the Geronimo roadmap for maybe contributing to the
Geronimo-AppServer.
But as I have seen there's no EJB 3.0 on the feature list. ;-))

So, as you stated on the Geronimo Web Site...
>>If you would like to contribute to Geronimo, please see the roadmap list
>>find areas where you can contribute. If there is nothing in there that
suits
>>your interest, but you still have ideas, please feel free to suggest them
on the mailing list.

here's my suggestion: How about building an EJB 3.0 Container like JBoss or
Oracle already do?

>From many session and talks I had, I know, that EJB 3.0 is strongly
demanded by the community because of the new light weight programming model
(POJOs, POJI)...

Cheers,
Oliver

Oliver Ihns
Senior Manager IT-Consulting
Enterprise Application Architecture

Resco GmbH
Millerntorplatz 1
D-20359 Hamburg
Phone: +49-40-822259-0
Fax: +49-40-822259-100

mailto:oliver.ihns@resco.de
mobil: +49 (0) 172 / 420 41 02

http://www.resco.de

Re: New Feature Idea

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Oct 12, 2005, at 7:37 AM, oliver.ihns@resco.de wrote:

> here's my suggestion: How about building an EJB 3.0 Container like
> JBoss or Oracle already do?
Hi Oliver,

Geronimo uses OpenEJB which will definitely implement EJB 3.  We've
been a little resource drained working on J2EE 1.4 Certification.
Not that this is complete, expect to see some action on other things
like EJB 3.

-David