Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Glen Carl <ca...@csc-monterey.com> on 2003/01/07 21:34:02 UTC

TurbineResource.properties problem in CVS Head 1.4b4

On another problem for the CVS Head 1.4b4, I am getting the following
exception when I use the latest TurbineResources.properties file for my
customized portal.
org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker:
unknown service PoolService requested
The TurbineResources.properties, v 1.64 2002/11/15 22:02:50 works for me
when I swap it. Is there anything special? I did a diff and only saw
LoggingService changes. Has anyone else experienced a problem?

I saw in the archives reference for the need to use JDK1.4.1, which I
am. Also a reference to setting the services.PoolService.classname,
which looks good.

I am using my.properities to include tr.props, and I am currently
guessing that this in service ordering issue. Is there an order issue
with the LogService?

Thanks,
Glen

RE: TurbineResource.properties problem in CVS Head 1.4b4

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
I guess that would depend on what's in your my.properties. Does it contain
your property overrides? If so, then I'm assuming that you're using
JetspeedResourceService. I've encountered some problems with this recently
related to commons-configurations. I'm not sure if this is related.

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/

Posted by Glen Carl <gl...@buonvia.com>.
Hey,
I finally found out I could create an apache bug database account to log
bugs. Look out, I may start having some fun with this account.

Bug 16781 is now posted to cover the problem.

Glen

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.