Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vinoj Vijayan <VI...@infy.com> on 2001/04/19 14:52:49 UTC

DSN

Hi

	I'm quite new to Tomcat and therefore i have a doubt...how do we
configure the Data Source name for JDBC in Tomcat? If this is possible, then
we might be able to use the connection pooling mechanism of JDBC, right?

TIA
Vinoj

RE: DSN

Posted by Benoît Jacquemont <be...@smile.fr>.
Hi,

What do you mean by Data Source Name ?? Looks like an ODBC term, doesn't it
? To connect to a database through JDBC, you only need the URL of the
database. The form of the url may depend of the database system you use (by
the way, which database system are you using ?).

If you're using a JDBC-ODBC driver, you have to configure the DSN, but
there's no link with the connecion pooling mechanism.

Benoît