Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Khoem Sokhem <kh...@khmeros.info> on 2012/06/25 04:47:31 UTC

No Khmer lang pack for Open Office Incubator 3.4

Hello All,

I am attempting to download Open Office Incubator 3.4 from
http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html , but I could not find the
Khmer language. It is different from 3.3 which has Khmer.

The full OpenOffice 3.4 translations I have sent since April, 2011.

How can I have OpenOffice 3.4 with Khmer language?

Thanks & Regards,
Sokhem

Re: No Khmer lang pack for Open Office Incubator 3.4

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hello Sokhem,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 09:47:31AM +0700, Khoem Sokhem wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> I am attempting to download Open Office Incubator 3.4 from
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html , but I could not find
> the Khmer language. It is different from 3.3 which has Khmer.
>
> The full OpenOffice 3.4 translations I have sent since April, 2011.
>
> How can I have OpenOffice 3.4 with Khmer language?

Language packs have been provided on demand, as long as there are
volunteers willing to translate and maintain the translation.

Nobody did step out in the development mailing list [1] proposing Khmer
translation, so there is no language pack. If you are willing to
continue your previous translation work, you can contact the development
mailing list [1] for further instructions and read the information on
this draft page [2]. AOO 3.4.1 will be released by end July, but the
code freeze for presenting new translations is coming very soon, so you
will have to harry up if you want an AOO 3.4.1 in Khmer.

[2] http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/translate.html

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile