Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Chieh Tong <ch...@db.com> on 2003/02/13 13:09:37 UTC

Memory allocation - large table

Hi, I'm currently printing a very large table with over 30,000 rows in it.
I understand that memory allocation problems can be avoided by using multiple page-sequences.
However, the data I'm prinitng is in a table and I can't seem to think of a way to break up the table into multiple page sequences.
The table gets its data from a <xsl:for-each> loop.
Any suggestions?

cheers.

Re: Memory allocation - large table

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Chieh Tong wrote:
> Hi, I'm currently printing a very large table with over 30,000 rows in it.
> I understand that memory allocation problems can be avoided by using
> multiple page-sequences. However, the data I'm prinitng is in a table and I
> can't seem to think of a way to break up the table into multiple page
> sequences. The table gets its data from a <xsl:for-each> loop. Any
> suggestions?
You can use usual xslt technics of grouping data into reasonable sized chunks
and then generate page-sequence from each chunk of data.

Don't ask here how to group in xslt, it's offtopic here, ask on xsl-list
instead, see http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/index.html.
--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn Technologies, Israel