Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Davis Ford <da...@zenoconsulting.biz> on 2009/05/06 00:29:07 UTC

mvn classpath weirdness with eclipse plugin

Hi, I've been using mvn for a lot of years now, but I've just
encountered a bizarre issue that I have no explanation for.

I am having trouble with the following dependencies

<dependency>
			<groupId>aspectj</groupId>
			<artifactId>aspectjrt</artifactId>
			<version>1.5.3</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>aspectj</groupId>
			<artifactId>aspectjweaver</artifactId>
			<version>1.5.3</version>
		</dependency>

We are using Archiva -- and these are cached.  If I run:

$ mvn -X eclipse:eclipse

I can see the following in the output:
[DEBUG] Adding managed dependencies for com.example:drm
[DEBUG]   aspectj:aspectjrt:jar:1.5.3
[DEBUG]   aspectj:aspectjweaver:jar:1.5.3

The jars are in my local repo.  However, these jars are not added to
the .classpath file, nor do they show up in Reference Libraries under
eclipse.

I have verified that this happens on multiple developer machines, so
it isn't localized to a single environment.

What is even stranger is that if you run the same project with mvn
idea:idea, the aspectj jars show up in the classpath for Intellij.

I am at a loss.  We have no <exclusions> in the pom.  Where should I look next?

Thanks in advance,
Davis

Re: mvn classpath weirdness with eclipse plugin

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 12:29 AM, Davis Ford
<da...@zenoconsulting.biz> wrote:
> I am at a loss.  We have no <exclusions> in the pom.  Where should I look next?

Hello Davis,

I remember, that this has popped up on the mailing list before. If I
am not mistaken the suggested fix was to set the ajdtVersion to "none"
(see [1])

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/eclipse-mojo.html#ajdtVersion

- Henry