Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by sagar arora <sa...@webrizon.com> on 2001/04/17 07:42:53 UTC

Fw: Layout Management

Hi All,

We are trying to have different top & left navigation files for different pages in our application. Is it possible to include different top_default.jsp & left.jsp files for each different page which is displayed.

Thanks & Regards

Sagar

Re: Fw: Layout Management

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
sagar arora wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are trying to have different top & left navigation files for different pages in our application. Is it possible to include different top_default.jsp & left.jsp files for each different page which is displayed.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Sagar

Yes, each screen can have it's own layout, and a layout can have it's
own navigation. Refer to the spec if you're not sure about the
terminology (http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/fsd.html). In Turbine
a page and screen are very different things

You can have something like

templates/
  screens/HomePage.vm
          BuyPage.vm
  layouts/HomePage.vm
          BuyPage.vm
  navigations/HomePageTop.vm
              HomePageLeft.vm
              BuyPageTop.vm
              BuyPageLeft.vm

So in this case HomePage.vm screen template would use the HomePage.vm
layout template and you would reference the HomePageTop.vm and
HomePageLeft.vm
navigation templates in your layout template. This is a simple example
but you get the idea. Hope that helps.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl