Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/08 16:20:31 UTC

CompositeActivatorImpl2.getInterfaceContract

I'm trying to get implementation.bpel working in 2.x where its failing
as the Operation given to the BPELInvoker is a JavaOperation not a
WSDLOperation as expected.

This is coming from the target operation from
RuntimeWireImpl2.initInvocationChains which is getting it from the
InterfaceContract determined by
CompositeActivatorImpl2.addReferenceWire from the getInterfaceContract
method. I'm not sure i understand what the getInterfaceContract method
is trying to do? The ComponentReference its given has a target service
with the correct WSDLInterfaceContract so shouldn't
getInterfaceContract be taking that into account?

   ...ant

Re: CompositeActivatorImpl2.getInterfaceContract

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:10 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Ant
>>
>> I have a fix for this. It wasn't actually what I thought. I had missed
>> a clone out earlier on in the processing which meant the service side
>> wire endpoint was being reconfigured erroneously when the reference
>> side wire was configured. I can't check it in just at the moment as
>> svn is down.
>>
>> Simon
>>

> Ok, svn is back up so it's checked in now. Give it a spin and see if
> it works for you.
>
> Simon

Wonderful, its working fine now. Thanks.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 5:50 PM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> [...]
>>>>
>>> Right, I'm getting a bit further. After much messing about with
>>> Eclipse I'm getting past the node-laucher-equinox problem at least.
>>> Waiting for the rest of the build to complete. I seem to have all
>>> kinds of problems when modules are moved around and I then try and to
>>> so a maven build with Eclipse open. It's difficult to put my finger on
>>> it but sorting the Eclipse build out means that mvn works properly?
>>>
>>> Simon
>>>
>> OK, things are looking better now. Basically a clean build. When I run
>> samples/helloworld-bpel I still get the following. I'll run it up in
>> the debugger.

>>  T E S T S
>> Running helloworld.BPELHelloWorldTestCase
>> 08-May-2009 17:13:07 org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl <init>
>> INFO: Creating node: default
>> 08-May-2009 17:13:08 org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl configureNode
>> INFO: Loading contribution: file:/C:/simon/tuscany/java-trunk/sca/samples/hellow
>> orld-bpel/target/classes/
>> 08-May-2009 17:13:08 org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl start
>> INFO: Starting node: default
>> 08-May-2009 17:13:13 org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl stop
>> INFO: Stopping node: default
>> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 5.813 sec <<< FA
>> ILURE!
>> testInvoke(helloworld.BPELHelloWorldTestCase)  Time elapsed: 5.781 sec  <<< ERRO
>> R!
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.impl.JDKInvocationHandler.invo
>> ke(JDKInvocationHandler.java:313)
>>        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.impl.JDKInvocationHandler.invo
>> ke(JDKInvocationHandler.java:157)
>>        at $Proxy17.hello(Unknown Source)
>>        at helloworld.BPELHelloWorldTestCase.testInvoke(BPELHelloWorldTestCase.j
>> ava:59)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
>> java:39)
>>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
>> sorImpl.java:25)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>        at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:168)
>>        at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:134)
>>        at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
>>        at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
>>        at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:113)
>>        at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:124)
>>        at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:232)
>>        at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:227)
>>

> I've a local patch to get passed this so need to remove that to
> confirm but i think thats caused by this problem and if you set a
> break point at getInterfaceContract  or in the BPELInvoker you can see
> this underlying problem that that NPE is hiding.

Hi Ant

Yep, I worked through to the actual problem. The underlying cause is
that we haven't finished rolling out all of the Endpoint changes yet.
I put a fix in to allow us to take a break before replacing all the
existing EnpointReference structures with EndpointReference2 and
Endpoint. Obviously my fix wasn't good enough. I'll take a look and
see if I can fix the fix.

Simon

Re: CompositeActivatorImpl2.getInterfaceContract

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.