Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/15 05:47:26 UTC

Axis / FUD / Bugs

<rant>
Every now and then, for example today, i heard from someone that "OH This is a well known axis
bug". So check the archives for dev and user and bugzilla. No sign of anything amiss and no trace
of the person / persons in any email discussion or bug report. This makes me hit my head against
the wall. Another problem is that everyone wants to use a released version and complain bitterly
if something is broken. But REPEATED requests to try a alpha/beta release and log bugs is ignored.
I can't understand why.
</rant>

Suggestions to Axis consumers:
- If you have your pet peeves, check if a bug already exists, make sure there is a bug recorded
against it.
- Make sure you try latest Axis cut (1.2 Beta right now) before you open the bug.
- Make sure there is a sample code or wsdl/xsd for committers to recreate the problem.
- If you are not sure that something is a bug or not, log the bug anyways

We have a window of opportunity here to kick the tires and get things fixed before we get 1.2
final out the door, so PLEASE help make Axis better for everyone (including you!!!!)

thanks,
dims

=====

Re: Axis / FUD / Bugs

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Done. Thanks.

=====

Re: Axis / FUD / Bugs

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Done. Thanks.

--- Joe_Rattz@genpt.com wrote:
> One comment.  I posted some gripes I was having with 1.2alpha (web
> services in general really).  You mention to be sure we have tried the
> latest version.  Well, when I grabbed 1.2alpha a mere 3 days ago, I
> thought it was the latest version because of this:
>
> WebServices - Axis - Introduction
> NEWS (December 1, 2003) : Axis 1.2 Alpha is now available.
>
> on the Axis page.  Nowhere does it bother to mention there is a newer
> version available.  Someone might want to update that page.
>
> http://ws.apache.org/axis/
>

> Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>
> 04/14/2004 11:47 PM
> Please respond to
> axis-user@ws.apache.org

> axis-user@ws.apache.org, axis-dev@ws.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Axis / FUD / Bugs
>

> <rant>
> Every now and then, for example today, i heard from someone that "OH This
> is a well known axis
> bug". So check the archives for dev and user and bugzilla. No sign of
> anything amiss and no trace
> of the person / persons in any email discussion or bug report. This makes
> me hit my head against
> the wall. Another problem is that everyone wants to use a released version
> and complain bitterly
> if something is broken. But REPEATED requests to try a alpha/beta release
> and log bugs is ignored.
> I can't understand why.
> </rant>
>
> Suggestions to Axis consumers:
> - If you have your pet peeves, check if a bug already exists, make sure
> there is a bug recorded
> against it.
> - Make sure you try latest Axis cut (1.2 Beta right now) before you open
> the bug.
> - Make sure there is a sample code or wsdl/xsd for committers to recreate
> the problem.
> - If you are not sure that something is a bug or not, log the bug anyways
>
> We have a window of opportunity here to kick the tires and get things
> fixed before we get 1.2
> final out the door, so PLEASE help make Axis better for everyone
> (including you!!!!)
>
> thanks,
> dims
>

> =====