Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Chen Qin <qi...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/09 16:18:53 UTC

incremental Checkpointing , Rocksdb HA

Hi there,

What is progress on incremental checkpointing? Does flink dev has plan to
work on this or JIRA to track this? super interested to know.

I also research and consider use rocksdbstatebackend without running HDFS
cluster nor talk to S3. Some primitive idea is to use ZK to store / notify
state propagation progress and propagate via implement chain replication on
top of YARN provisioned storage node.

Thanks,
Chen

Re: incremental Checkpointing , Rocksdb HA

Posted by Chen Qin <qi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone, we were reasoning about the expense of drawing snapshots
of large state as a major benenfits to using rocksdb compare to jdbc
backend.

Our use case is money related event processing. It requires keeping weeks
long large window, major data source ingestion QPS is around hundreds,
another source that instrument data validation comes in out of order
fashion, often largely delayed till payout window cut off force relative
small amount of related messaged eviction.

Again, we are very excited to hear about design and glad to provide some
feedback.

Thanks,
Chen

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.