Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pieter Vandepitte <Pi...@cc.kuleuven.ac.be> on 2006/03/06 16:12:43 UTC

[m2] error deploying 3rd party lib to ftp repository

Hi, I'm trying to deploy a 3rd party library to my own remote
repository, but I get the following error (see bottom mail). Is someone
familiar with this exception?
I executed with the following command
./maven-2.0.2//bin/mvn deploy:deploy-file -Dfile=/path/to/jar.jar
-DpomFile=/path/to/pom.xml -DrepositoryId=ftp-repository
-Durl=ftp://host/public_html/maven -Dversion=1.2.3
my settings.xml contains the credentials. changing ftp://host/... to
file:///tmp/maven work and ftp-wagon is not in my localRepository :(
best regards
Pieter

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'deploy'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [deploy:deploy-file] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
[INFO] [deploy:deploy-file]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error deploying artifact: Unsupported Protocol: 'ftp': Cannot
find wagon which supports the requested protocol: ftp

Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.apache.maven.wagon.Wagonftp.
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 2 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Mar 06 16:01:17 CET 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 3M/70M

Re: [m2] error deploying 3rd party lib to ftp repository

Posted by Pieter Vandepitte <Pi...@cc.kuleuven.ac.be>.
Hi,
i didn't realise java is doing lazy evaluation. The source code doesn't
give me a clue, but nevermind, I'll use scp instead of ftp. thanx anyway
for the quick response
Pieter

Posted by Piéroni Raphaël <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Pieter Vandepitte <Pi...@cc.kuleuven.ac.be>.
Hi,
thats exactly what i want to do: deploying 3rd party jars to a remote
repository.
i copied now wagon-ftp-alpha-3 to wagon-ftp-alpha-6 to my lib directory
and now... i get another error :) the good thing is: i know it's
probably a version problem (newest version is unstable or simply doesn't
work). the bad thing: I get an ArrayOutOfBoundsException in line 334 of
FtpWagon.fillInputData. When I look at the sourcecode I see
             if ( ftpFiles == null || ftpFiles.length <= 0
2 questions:
1. is someone familiar with this
2. isn't this code wrong? both conditions will always be evaluated, so
if ftpFiles == null, then the second condition will throw a
nullpointerexception

Seems the easiest solution is: running sshd instead of ftpd :)

Pieter

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Hi Pieter,

Posted by Pieter Vandepitte <Pi...@cc.kuleuven.ac.be>.