Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by David <dr...@neo.rr.com> on 2002/06/29 07:13:34 UTC

Jetspeed open bug analysis

What is the protocal for closing bugs?  I went though the open Jetspeed bugs and I found 7 of the open 39 bugs that (to me) appear to be no longer an issue.  Being fairly new to open source projects I was just wondering what the process was to getting these bugs closed.  Specifically the ones I am referring to are:

2721 - Cannot bring up the initial jetspeed WEB page (index.jsp).

 written on version 1.3.a1, no specifics on the verison of Tomcat.  Should be closed

4145 - Portlet displayed maximixed when their is nothing to customize

    could not recreate - should be closed

5131 - german/french localization doesn't compile out of box

 the comments suggest that since the mechanism for providing localization has change this should no longer be a problem.  Anyone see an issue with closing this one?

5595 - typo in JetspeedResources.properties

 confirmed fixed - recommend that this bug be closed

6454 - Panes with same name

 I could not recreate this problem - I recommend closing this bug
7669 - Customize Pane sometimes shows the content of the portlet

 I could not recreate - I suggest closing this bug

7672 - The "restore" button in the customize portlet screen doesn't

 I could not recreate - I suggest closing this bug

I tested with Tomcat 4.0.4, Jetspeed dev build as of 6/26 and JDK 1.4.0

Dave R

Re: Jetspeed open bug analysis

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
David,
I though they where your bugs.

I am not sure what the rules are around closing an bug for users without
additional permissions, which I have.  Feel free to add you comments to
the bugs, but I will review the bugs later this weekend.

Paul Spencer

Posted by David <dr...@neo.rr.com>.