Posted to users@daffodil.apache.org by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org> on 2020/04/10 12:53:47 UTC

Re: Bug in Daffodil? "textBidi not allowed to appear on xs:element"

Looks like a bug in our schema that describes and validates DFDL
schemas. The property works as expected in both element form and short
form annotations, e.g.

  <xs:element name="foo" type="xs:string">
    <xs:annotation>
      <xs:appinfo source="http://www.ogf.org/dfdl/">
        <dfdl:element>
          <dfdl:property name='textBidi'>no</dfdl:property>
        </dfdl:element>
      </xs:appinfo>
    </xs:annotation>
  </xs:element>

or

  <xs:element name="foo" type="xs:string">
    <xs:annotation>
      <xs:appinfo source="http://www.ogf.org/dfdl/">
        <dfdl:element textBidi="no" />
      </xs:appinfo>
    </xs:annotation>
  </xs:element>

Seems to be just attribute form that's broken.

Note that textBidi properties will be removed in the next version of the
spec, and only textBidi="no" will be allowed, reserving it for potential
future use. Putting textBidi="no" in dfdl:format is the recommended way
to provide this property.