Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Santosh Diwate <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/25 13:17:02 UTC

Facing issue while implementing user authentication for Apache Drill using PAM

Hi Team,

I am new to Apache Drill trying to explore user authentication options.

I have installed Apache Drill version 1.17.0  on Linux machine and one
drill bit is running in distributed mode (multiple bits will run in future)

For securing my drill, it should ask for username and password and could
accept below options

1.       One fixed user/password *OR*

2.       PAM  + LDAP

Problems:

1.       Not able to find libjpam.so file or pam folder on my machine,
though I found jpam-1.17.jar under apache-drill-1.17.0\jars\3rdparty. How
can I get this file to use PAM?

2.       When I am trying with jpam4j login page enables but not accepting
either Linux user nor windows user, throws web page not found error.

3.       How to map option1 (Fixed user password) with PAM?

4.       How to configure LDAP & PAM?

 Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh Diwate.

Facing issue while implementing user authentication for Apache Drill using PAM

Posted by Santosh Diwate <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Team,

I am new to Apache Drill trying to explore user authentication options.

I have installed Apache Drill version 1.17.0  on Linux machine and one
drill bit is running in distributed mode (multiple bits will run in future)

For securing my drill, it should ask for username and password and could
accept below options

1.       One fixed user/password *OR*

2.       PAM  + LDAP

Problems:

1.       Not able to find libjpam.so file or pam folder on my machine,
though I found libpam.so.0 under /lib64/, I tried this path in drill-env.sh
but no luck. How can I get libjpam.so file to use PAM?

2.       When I am trying with jpam4j login page enables but not accepting
either Linux user nor windows user, throws web page not found error 500.