Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/11 22:47:29 UTC

Re: svn commit: r377065 - in /incubator/solr/trunk/example: ./ conf/ conf/protwords.txt conf/schema.xml conf/solrconfig.xml conf/stopwords.txt conf/synonyms.txt

I cleaned up solrconfig.xml and schema.xml, and made an example directory.
It would be good if those with no prior solr exposure could take a look at
the schema at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/solr/trunk/example/conf/schema.xml
and see what makes sense and what doesn't.

I think this example directory should be the basis of a tutorial, after
some domain specific fields are added to the schema, and some scripts
or something are added to allow one to add some documents to the
collection.

If anyone wants to try running solr in it's current state, do the following:
 - build the WAR, and install it in tomcat as the ROOT WAR.
 - from the example directory, start tomcat.
 - browse to /admin to see the current admin pages
   - click on the analysis tab and use "text" as the field to check out how you
     can see the different stages of analysis.

-Yonik